Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Switching Gears: Drop Dead Diva

Who loves this show as much as I do?  It is hilarious and, along with Arrested Development, is one of the few shows that makes me giggle.  Brooke Elliott plays Jane, a brilliant but boring attorney, who ends up in the emergency room after taking a bullet meant for her boss (way to guarantee partner).  Deb is an aspiring model who is in a fatal car accident.  Deb is accidentally reincarnated into Jane's body, hijinks ensue.  Seriously, though, if it weren't for Elliott's serious acting chops, this show wouldn't be believable.  It was a smart move to keep Jane's intellectual ability even though she is now inhabited by Deb.  As a viewer, I totally buy it when she spouts some legal mumbo jumbo then stops to hold her head and say "ow."
I know Jane will eventually tell Grayson (Deb's distraught fiance) who she really is, but I hope the show drags it out a while.
Can't wait for next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment